Adult Introduction to Watercolour – Tuesday Evenings
Learn Watercolour Techniques Online
Introduction to Watercolour Painting
Subject: Learn to Paint Watercolour
Included: theory, colour mixing, watercolour washes, tools and tricks.
Level: Beginner – Advanced – Open to all adults
Time Frame: 6 weeks, 1/week, Tuesday Evenings at 5:00-7:30pm (MST)
Date: January 26 – February 2, 5 – 7:30pm (MST)
This course is an introduction to watercolour painting. Learners will be guided in a supportive environment to develop watercolour skills and techniques.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the theory, and demonstrate the skills associated with watercolour painting as an art medium.
- Describe different brushes and tools used in watercolour painting.
- Describe when to use different size brushes and why.
- Demonstrate how to mix colours to develop a full prism of colours (colour theory).
- Name a local artist, write a review of their work, and explain why they chose to review the work of this particular artist.
- Demonstrate watercolour skills through production of four (4) watercolour images.
11 in stock
This course is an introduction to watercolour painting.
Learners will be guided in a supportive environment to develop watercolour skills and techniques. This is not a class where everyone is expected to copy exactly, rather we will focus on exploring and creating our own interpretation in the medium in a guided journey. Each day a small amount of “Fun Work” will be assigned, to prepare them for the next weeks class.
Once registered, a link to the ZOOM class and supply list will be emailed to you.
Registration in online classes includes access to an open drop in zoom session on Friday afternoons at 4pm, all students welcome. We will ask questions, show and tell or share any big news.